Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Love In Love (Poem)

Love In Love


How wrong was I for thinking

How wrong was I to believe

I'm not sure about this being in love thing

It seems a little suspect to me


How wrong was I for feeling

How wrong was I not to see

You played the best friend role and twisted me up

Love her, but say you're in love with me

***

Your words are so magical

To make me second guess my instincts

But your actions have been pitiful

Your true intentions show in your deeds


You love her, in love with me

You want her, but I am what you need

You love her, in love with me

Is it love, or is it really greed?


How wrong was I for giving

How wrong was I for what I did

Giving you my heart in a box with a bow

And you don't treat it as the gift that it is


How wrong was I for knowing

How wrong was I to ignore

Wanting so bad to believe your brand of truth

And now you treat me like a chore

***

Your arms they are so wonderful

wrapped around me in the heat

But when it's time to choose a side

I never see you standing next to me


You love her, in love with me

You want her, but I am what you need

You love her, in love with me

Is it love, or is it really greed?

No comments:

Post a Comment