Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Poem Number 7

Please don't ask me where one through six is. I am a random person. I hope you like this one. Not often I write something on the sweet side. Thanks for reading!

I loved you before you even knew my name

others were around you for your fame

Talent made them call you a star

I saw the real you from afar


I loved you during every honeysuckle breeze

through every swaying of the trees

others professed love to me

I wondered how you were doing


I loved you when I heard you were in pain

loved ones lost, and you're no longer in the game

I felt your sorrow, and mine too

I so wanted to be there for you


I loved you when I saw your face again, at last

All those feelings came up from the past

And as before, the same bad timing

But here you are with me


I loved you when others went away

when others still, had their say

when our friends, turned their tongues

and our lives came undone


I loved you through the evidence of age

Through every, yellowing scrapbook page

My love is not for the star

But for who you really are


I love you every single day I wake

through all the good and the mistakes

I love knowing you are what's true

I love knowing you love me too




No comments:

Post a Comment